Saturday, November 25, 2023

Thanksgiving Weekend...

 Many Thanksgivings have been non traditional for us. There was often a great catfish round up and then a fry in the place of turkey. This year was a little more Pilgrimy with Rose and Tim and kids celebrating at our house along with the Zamora's, Cathy's brother Matt and my brother Glenn on the day after Thanksgiving. The Morgan's and the Katherine's celebrated in Chicago together. 

Food was a collaborative effort with dressing, smoked turkey, Dad's famous roadside roasted chicken, Dad's famous New Orleans sweet potato casserole, Rose's famous seafood dressing, crock pot beans, salad, with drinks, rolls, dessert and tea by Matt and Glenn. We granted Cathy knife privileges for the day and she served as vegetable chopper.   


Let the young ones handle the selfie duty. 


Grandma supervises the fire pit.   


How some people were not so full to be able to roast smores and eat them is a mystery to me. Must be some hollow legs around here.  


I think Ezra was especially excited for turkey but was still able to choke down them smores.  Luca studies the best was to get a smore all over himself. 



Milo brought his own special brand of lemonade. 


  I can only pray that those people in the world that find themselves in need, at war, or trying to better their circumstances with faith, education, immigration, or hard work enjoy the blessings that I have. My life is so good I want all to experience something similar.   

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous GB said...

Seeing Cathy's plate it appears you finished your salad first.

Happy this time of year.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger