Monday, April 15, 2024

Soccer...

 I occasionally ponder some past life experience, not like a reincarnation thing but some experience passed and ask one of my kids, "How was that for you?" I have a good relationship with my kids so the answers can be brutally honest. That's ok I can take it. I was doing the best I could but I haven't asked anyone how it was playing organized sports yet. This weekend since Mary and Miguel had a commitment we took Ezra to his soccer game. 

I don't really know all the rules to soccer. That makes it easy to just sit there ad watch what looks like a melee out on the field. Ezra is the one that looks like he's thinking about kicking the ball. He claimed a 7-2 victory which I was told is comparable to a 49-7 football score. I did not see that many scores but there was a noticeable dominance in keeping the ball near the opposing goal but good sportsmanship was demonstrated all around by players, coaches and parents.  



Luca will be old enough to play in the fall. He was in charge of picking flowers this game. 


Era is number 5. 


The wagon the kids got us for Christmas is perfect for gear and baby hauling.


Soccer is pretty low key at least at this stage. Ezra has been playing a couple of years so there was a progress to not score keeping and no goalie but they have moved up to where they have those things, play positions and go by some rules. 

Maybe one day someone will ask Ezra did Pop Pop like soccer? and he will say, "I don't know he just sat there."

If I just sit maybe I won't have to come back again and prove anything. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger