Saturday, March 25, 2006

New face around here...


Not the girl, the dog silly. He is a stray wandering in the rain and picked up by our friend May Ellen who thought he would find a good home with us. Looks like a chiuwawa/daushund mix.

He has had quite the day, changed owners, went fishing and fell out of the boat. He's small and kept walking under the front gate of the boat deck onto a very narrow space outside the safety of the inner deck, just right for him to stand on and observe fishing action, but not wide enough to turn around on. he found this out when he fell out of the boat trying to return. Lucky for him I keep a net that will hold a 40" redfish and has a handle long enough to net small sharks from long distance. It was over kill for him but we used it any way. He swims well. I lost my cool, leapt into action and saved the dog, I should have been making pictures.

He looks like a keeper. No name yet, email suggestions if you like, due to his Mex heritage I'd like a Spanish name. How do you say jumper in Spanish? The girl has a name, so no funny business.

I did get one picture. Morgan really caught a fat largemouth, just a little under limit that we did not take a picture of, I caught a keeper cat on a roadrunner jig and a small bass.

Cds we listened to while fishing:
Dizzy Gillispie and Machito Afro Cuban Jazz Moods
Abtibalas, Talkatif
North Mississippi Allstars Electric Blue Watermelon
Cooking With Kurt, which was downloaded at the end of a month when I have few emusic downloads left and I try to get the most minutes of music possible. Not bad, there are worse hobbies than collecting long cds with few tracks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the OLD FIL (pop) the hot sauce smuggler---Just want to brag about being #1000. Hope all are well and happy. Love you all

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

El Jeffe...dog name!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger