Friday, April 28, 2006

Would things be simpler if...

I was a non-filtered cigarette smoking accordion player in Romania? If I liked rock music from the 80s? If the President really was a Christian? If I did not know how to drive a car? If I did not know how to play a guitar? If breakfast this morning was green eggs and ham? If I was in New Orleans for Jazz Fest this weekend? If I did not wake up at 3:30am? If I knew what that Mexican boy said when I walked through his hog pen way out in the jungle that time? If my ears weren't ringing? If I hadn't said the N word so loud that time so long ago? If friends never got sick? If I had never learned to copy and paste? If I just made this stuff up? If I read other blogs? If I was sedated? If I was incarcerated? If I always had super glue when I needed it? If technology really was my friend? If I really got everything I wanted? If I wasn't free? If auto parts stores keep a ready supply of parts for 25 year old imports? If the brain was smooth instead of wrinkled?

I'm blowing off steam, add your own stuff to the list...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things wouldn't be better without the Ifs. If gives you something to wish, and hope for. Hope is the only thing that separates us from the apes. If makes you think you can. All the ifs add spice to life...I love you Dad! Good luck with your finals!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger