Friday, August 10, 2007

SNAP Trophy Comes Home...


Went down to the Lufkin High School Band Camp where the kids have been staying and working. The always hold what's called a SNAP competition where the individual sections write a mini half time drill, perform it and are judged. Last night the drum line, under the direction of co section leaders Mary and Kaylee won 1st place. Here is a picture of them celebrating when the winners were announced. That's the first time the drum line has won since Morgan was section leader.


I actually picked up a horn at the end when a bunch of jamming went on, it was mostly kids that graduated with Morgan who came up to check out this years Panther Band model. I don't think the vales on the horn I picked up, it was a sousaphone that was just laying on the ground had been oiled all week. They were sticking bad.


Looks like the kids had a great camp, the band looks good at 150+ members strong. Going to be a great season.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger