Friday, August 10, 2012

As Is...


I think I snapped this photo from the train in Chicago. Looks like a brink chimney with the words "As Is" inlaid or maybe just painted around. I Googled the words as is as a text and an image search. As far as I can tell this picture has never appeared on the internets. There was a magazine call "As Is" that turned up in my search. The cover of this mag featured large butted women posing in swimsuits. The articles seemed to be born from the old detective mag type material but trying to step up a bit and demonstrate a little more social conscience, scaring us with stories of drug cartels, bounty hunters and the danger of smoking bath salts. I kind of scared of those things already even thought I never and am not likely encounter them in my daily sphere of influence. A yearly subscription was only $26 so if you need this type of thing seems to be a reasonable price.  I don't think the sign represents the location of this publications corporate offices, but I could be wrong. 

So what does the sign mean? Something some one want to do. Certainly represents more freedom of speech than carrying a gun or saying something mean and stupid about another person. Wanted somebody to see it, take a picture, and talk about it. I guess kind of like me when I come over to your house, move a picture hanging on the wall a bit and write "Mudbelly" on the surface behind it. I bet you talk about that when you see it. I bet you say, "That Mudbelly, he sure is free." 
    Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger