Monday, November 17, 2014

Build #43...

Or at least I think it's #43. I have lost count what with some of the one stringers I have made lately. I did not really count all of them since they are trick guitars and since I have met no one locally brave enough to turn that trick (I did sell a couple of one stringers but I think it was just the oddity of the item) I'll just resume counting at the gigable instruments. 

It's an American brand cigar box. Second guitar I have built from a box like this. The first one is sold. It's a good sounding box. I added in a few different things so if you show up at a jam with the other guy it won't be like ya'll wore the same dress or anything.  You might need some other songs than that same old Merle and Hank stuff you both will be playing but at least your guitars won't be the same. 

Check the string through bridge method. Slight pull up of the ferrule does not affect play - ability. If you don't like it I'll knock off 5 bucks. It only pulled up because I live in E tuning, a higher tuning. If you live in D you can probably make it lay down.  

Cotter pin holds stings in place.

A different type of box corner. First guitar I have made with these. Like I say, it's a little different. 


I don't have a sound clip. Do you need one?  It's electric with the double piezo pickups. It's on sale for $70 because of the slight imperfection. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger