Friday, November 14, 2014

More Photos Ortega Guitar...

Here's a few more photos of the custom build I did for Mr. Ortega. I don't usually make photos from start to finish of a guitar being built but since I was doing a special one and I noticed that out there in internet cigar box land other builders frequently do. Of course one thing I have noticed about myself is that when I get these feelings that I should do things like other people I have this thing that happens to me which if I was a car going down the road it would as my dad used to say "swap ends." That means suddenly and inexplicably  going in the other direction. In other words look for me to soon do nothing like anyone else. I think it was Papa Mali who said something like I am standing on the side of the road, not going your way. See I have to find my way. 

Here's the photos. It's a nice box. Had some scratches but a little lemon oil fixed that. 
 Headstock. Gold harware matches the box. Two choices when I build a guitar, gold, silver. They will match mose boxes. 
 Cutting the neck to fit the box. Notched neck so the top does not snug anymore than necessary to free up the tone man!  
Double piezo pickups. They are glued down with super glue but then I coated them in hot glue to kill some of the feed back tendencies naturally inherent in piezos. I used to use hot glue to put the pickup to the box top but I find the super glue makes for a sound I like. 

 Neck install.
Finished guitar. 


I later added a string tree for a bit more downward pull on the strings. Helped the tone. 

Of course it's electric. 

And here is what it sounds like. I used this video on facebook so if you saw please move along but I do know I have blog readers who don't facebook. For the gear heads equipment used are my phone for the video, a $100 Fender solid state Frontman amp (good cheap howling fun) a Boss Lesile/Univibe pedal and and a little bit of an EH Soul Food overdrive pedal for the lead.  

I do have another guitar finished except for the fret markers. Photos of it coming soon. It will be for sale to the general public.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger