Friday, December 05, 2014

John Hiatt at the House at the House of Blues...

So it was our first trip to the House of Blues. We met Annie there to see John Hiatt. He's a favorite of ours and this made the third time to see him. In the past as I travel around there is usually a House of Blues everywhere I go. While they certainly have good music I usually have avoid them for a more authentic local experience. Well we went ahead and dived right in for a great concert. I was for sure in the company of a couple of bluesy chicks. 

It was a solo concert just a man and his guitar. Previous John Hiatt concerts we have seen were him opening for CSN with Sonny Landreth's band and a two man show with David Lindley. A gear head note I don't know what the little amp is right behind John but it is a serious retro cool item. John's sound was nice and clean but I bet I could I could make it sound scrunchy. 




We had good comfortable balcony seats. We ate there and the food was good. I got the spicy burger and it had burning fresh jalapenos on it. Cathy got the fried chicken and it was a pile I ate sme of. I think Annie took a go box of food. I browsed the gift shop but bought nothing. I did like the rockabilly gas monkey style shirts. They had harps for sale but only in "C" and I need an "F" right now.  HOB is kind of a pricey place so most of the crowd was like me. Old rich people. 



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger