Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Fishing with Cousin Beverly...

Spent the afternoon fishing with my cousin Beverly and reliving lots of old family memories of our dads and times spent with them in the great outdoors. Beverly, who moved back to Lufkin this year has not been fishing on Big Sam Rayburn in 15 years. I think Beverly might be the cousin most like me, at least when it comes to fishing because from these photos you can see that she picked up right where she left off. 

First fish of the day. Beverly is a bass fisherperson. Likes to use one of them wiggly plastic worms. She tolerated us catfisher people pretty well.  

These girls are starting to work it. 

After trying the shallow water pattern we caught the fish in last trip we found that brisk north wind had made them go deep but did not keep them from biting. 

Since there were Wallaces on the lake and there were a lot of hunting and fishing stories being relived this blue bill duck decided to swim out and hear the details from a closer vantage point. Little did he know it was briefly discussed but decided against whether we should all have shotguns for this trip. 

Final count was 32 cats. I'd guess 6-10 pounds of fillet meat. Beverly's husband Donnie joined us for a fish fry and I bet we cooked 4 pounds of fillets and ate them all. 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for Beverly, and thank you for taking her fishing.

Jim "Pop" Wooten

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger