Friday, June 26, 2015

Lake Report...

After a week of so of tending to family health concerns maybe we can get back to blogging topics of leisure. Like fishing. The lake has risen more from our last fishing trip a couple of weeks ago. We did not fish particular hard, landing 4 keepers and a bunch of throw backs but as the lake settles into a hot summer time fishing pattern the fish are not going to be in our traditional spots. For the hot summer these spots are usually deep and with the high water the tie ups we use are underwater. .These photos are of our spring time fishing spot which is usually less than 5' by now. It's 15' deep. 

Looking over Cathy's shoulder at the spot we call "the place." Usually there is a tie up we use to the right of those bushes, especially if the wind is from the south. It's either washed away or underwater. 

This is the tree with the osprey nest that overlooks our spot. Usually taking photos I'm looking up at it instead of level with it. Birds nowhere in sight today. I have seen these nest closer to the water than this so I don't know if rising water spooks them or not. 


I think I need a more colorful swimming suit. 

Supper on my new Father's Day tailgate grill. It's the Academy Gamewinner brand. I got the Coleman version of this but on arrival it was missing the regulator for the propane tank attachment. This one the same price so I swapped them at the store. As long as I have fire I can cook anything.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger