Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Not Many Fish but Plenty Fun...

Only six fish yesterday but they were pretty nice size fish which is not bad for a day where we launched at a different spot than usual because our normal spot is closed due to high water. It was nice to scout around new places and in addition to that it is swimming time with the surface temps reading 91 degrees. 

As you can see from the bridge the lake is high. We could not pass under with the top to the boat raised. 


Pretty nice channel cat. 

gorgeous sunset. 

We launched at the Bill and Emily Shelton Pavilion. I love this view of the lake looking toward the old Pophurs Creek drainage. I bet with the high water there is some good fishing in that area. 

We checked out the fishing pier. Looks good and is situated over deep water. About 10 people fishing last night. Did not see any catching. Might run out there sometime and take them to the Carl and Cathy school of catching. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger