Friday, June 19, 2015

The Glenn Has a Heart Bypass Blog Report...

So it's been a busy few days. Many on facebook know my brother Glenn had a quadruple heart bypass. He is doing fine. They extubated him this morning and he will be in a regular room possibly tomorrow and surely by Sunday. 

I knew something was up about a week ago when I went to Glenn's house and he had hired a guy to mow his yard because he was becoming fatigued during the exertion. Like many big strong men they blame situations like this on sore muscles, a chest cold, all kinds of things. Wednesday morning I am at work he calls me and tells me he is having a heart catheterization.  If you don't know Glenn works in the cath lab as a rad tech at St. Luke's CHI. It was all his co workers doing the procedure on him. The cath pictures were the worst Glenn has seen in 8 years of cath lab work. By that afternoon Dr. Mohammed called me at work, told me it was very serious and had decided to take no chances and shipped him to Houston to have his surgery done by Dr. Ott. 

Fortunately his arteries were not as bad as the pictures showed and apparently Dr. Ott had no trouble. Glenn had a bit of breathing difficulty with his oxygen saturation being a bit low, 90% on 100% pure oxygen at first with him gradually weaned to 90%, 80% to this morning's 96% saturation at 70%.  Progress should come faster now. 

So with
 things are looking good let's have some fun. My wife thinks I put pictures of people they don't want public on this blog. When they shaved Glenn's chest they took the hair and transplanted it to his head. Just one of those little perks you get when you have a surgery at one of those high powered Houston hospitals. 
In this photo Glenn holds up a present from last Christmas. I am sure his cat, Molly is holding up this right now and wondering where he is. 


Thanks again for everyone's prayers. Many of my friends and family have been keeping track of the situation, Glenn's coworkers, my mom's friends have also been very supportive. Doctors Mohammed has called Houston and Dr. Bachireddy who in addition to doing my mom's bypass about 8 years ago is checking on him. 

We will keep posting updates as we get them. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger