Tuesday, March 29, 2016

More Cigar Box Builds...

People ask me all the time, the musicians anyway, "what you got going on, where you playing?" Other people, not musicians ask me "when is the next fish fry" and other stuff like that. Well to answer both those questions I played music at church 4 days in a row over Easter weekend, I built cigar box guitars and a fish fry is in planning stages.   

Here's two guitars. The dark wood is spoken for. It's my cousin Beverly's guitar. The other will be hanging in Sound Techs music store in downtown Lufkin for sale at a price of $75 later this afternoon. 



The guitar for Beverly has a special finish on the neck. It's hand rubbed to a nice mud brown using J Pigg's Catfish bait. Extra bracing inside makes it useful as a boat paddle or a snake killer if you do take it fishing.  


Both guitars are electric but sound great acoustic. They are tuned to open E and each chord is a bit different. The dark guitar is low to high E, G# B and the other is B, E, G# so a little. 





More guitars are in the works. I have a lot of boxes and more are on the way. Next guitar has some new features such as a single coil pickup so if my ideas match my planning it should be a electric screamer. 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The space is spectacular and this venue is just what we needed for our event. It is the best place to have an event and we had an awesome experience here. The staff at venue houston tx is excellent; they are so attentive to all of your needs.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger