Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Back From Vacation...


We have been on vacation. Luckily Hurricane Harvey spared one of our favorite places, Surfside Beach and we were able to rent the Soundwaves Beach House. It's one we have rented before and you can find photos scattered all through this blog of times we have spent there over the last few years dating back to 2010. 

Time at the beach is downtime and the fishing was kind of poor and being that I am getting kind of old I did not thrash the water to as big a froth as I usually do. Internet connection was poor so I was not able to keep a running live blog. Just as well as not. It's been at least 15 days since my last blog post. I guess that was OK with some folks as I note that there have been about 16 visitors to this web site today.  I have used the little facebook "on this day thing" that pops up each day to read and review old blog posts. I impress myself sometimes. On reflection they are good. I usually do not read anything I wrote twice so there have been some nice surprises. 

I don't think I have written so well lately and I can't quite put my finger on why. Sometimes I think it's because things happen pretty fast and I let them pass without recording my thoughts. I read somewhere that if you have the urge to write a song, a story, a poem you should not let it pass because where ever that urge comes from may stop sending the inspiration. 

Now I don't feel out of inspiration by any means but maybe I need to just sit down and  pound those 300-500 words as often as possible. 

The photos, you know that's what you look at, the top shows me Cathy and Coraline and the wreck of the pop up sun canopy. How would you like to see that across the stern of a sail boat for a name? It took a bashing from the waves and stood until we woke one morning to find it disappeared, tie downs and all. I suspect a beach junk man on a recycle scrap metal run. Bottom photo Matt walks out into the surf with a pole, Mary gazes on the sea with Ezra strapped in one of those snuggle things and Cathy, Coraline and Warren dig. They just dig. 

Can you?   


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger