Monday, September 18, 2017

Guitars Just Find Me...

A local punk rock group The Dead Chachis did a good thing. I mean besides put out some homegrown old style type punk they sponsored a guitar raffle to benefit Hurricane Harvey Relief. I always try to support local music, I bought the cd, the t shirt and I won the guitar. My wife likes to catch me at unguarded moments and ask how just how many guitars I do have. I can't come up with an answer real quick and best I can counter with is "do I have to count banjos, mandos, ukes and a lap steel?" Anyway here is the newest one. 

No, not really a Gibson but according to Dead Chachis guitarist Adam Rios it's a knock off copy in the SG body style that was his first attempt at painting a guitar. It came out pretty good. It does fit in well with what Cathy calls the "tooth paste Guitars" as it is the third guitar I have acquired that's just a shade off the color of old school Crest.   

I Think these last two photos with a flash give a bit more of the true color. 


Those pickups, for the electric guitar uneducated are what they call hum buckers. It's the first guitar I have owned with these so up against the P90, single coil, gold foil, DeArmotrons and lipstick pickup guitars I own it gives another tool in the tool box.   

I might do a little customizing with some fancy knobs and stuff. 


Check out some Dead Chachis and like them on facebook. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger