Saturday, March 03, 2018

East Texas Music...

That's as in the East Wind Symphony. This is a by invite only group of musicians ranging from 15-71 years old that come together from all over East Texas. I went to see them play at the new High School Auditorium in Woodville, Tx. Friday night. It was a very good concert. 

Director of this group is David Smith. He is also the director of the Lufkin Community Band. With our church gig coming to and end and the LCB being an organization that plays Sunday afternoon concerts it fit with my new free time to join this group on tuba. I have made three rehearsals and am having a great time.  


The East Texas Wind Symphony is a group that could be basically considered soloists. It's one person per part. In one piece, "At A Dixieland Jazz Funeral" they broke out a small ensemble to create a New Orleans style brass band. 
Trevor, on trombone also plays tuba in The Lufkin Community Band. 
You know how I am a sucker for a photo of tuba player in action
Below is a photo of another one of my new tuba playing buddies, John, who is also in the Lufkin Community Band.  


Put April 29th on the calendar to check out the Lufkin Community Band Spring Concert. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger