Thursday, April 16, 2020

Cool Front Catfish...

I follow a Sam Rayburn fishing report page. It's a good barometer of how much misinformation there is in the world. Almost every day some one either posts that the boat ramps are closed or asks if the boat ramps are closed. The answer is usually yes if you do not have the gate code to the 12 foot high electric fence that is in place to enforce covid 19 restrictions and don't have a skillet of hot grease at home. Luckily I have the code. I have hot grease. If you do check into the reports page the fishing information is very helpful. 

With a cool east wind blowing fish were a bit scattered yesterday but still shallow. I did not fish the place that has been of hot spot due to the wind direction but instead tried a couple of other spots that have been good in the past and produced these 15 cats. I was by myself and with Cathy's new counting system seems 15-18 cats is my consistent production. 


With cool water I sometimes need my hip boots loading and unloading the boat. Every time I stow the hip boots for next years cold water the weather cools off and I have to get them out again. I don't think I'll be able to influence weather patterns like this but for about another week. 

No boat ramps are closed on Sam Rayburn. Campgrounds may be closed and State Parks are closed but some State Park Boat Ramps may remain open. Good luck. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger