Monday, December 04, 2023

The Old Car is Dead, Long Live the New Car...

We put 195,000 miles on our old 2013 Ford C Max Hybrid. So far it's been the best car we have owned. We  bought the car in June 2015 when we spotted it on the local Ford lot at a price we could not refuse. Those miles represent a few trips across the country but there is also a lot of work miles I put on it driving around East Texas for home health and rural nursing home work. Repairs preformed on this car were minimal and mpg were consistent at 33-35 up until the day we traded in on this new to us Toyoda Prius.    

I'm retired, not rich and and this is the second car I've bought this year but with a little planning, saving and a firm idea of what you are willing to pay for I feel there are good used cars to be found. This one is a 2017 and it's a little older model than I would normally shop in a used vehicle but it's under 30,000 miles. It's cleaner than a 2022 Prius I shopped at a different dealer, there's not any design advantages I could see in a newer model and I could not justify spending 5 to 10,000 more even though I budgeted for that possibility. We received decent value on the trade in. It's a good color and Grandma is happy. The 50 mpg plus makes me very happy.

This car came from Advantage BMW in downtown Houston. There's a lot of very nice cars at that dealer and I think they wanted this one off the lot. The salesman made the first offer, I drove away to shop a different lot and on the way he called and made a better offer. I continued to shop but soon texted him to get the car ready. This is very similar to my truck buying experience with my friend Jorge at JM Chevrolet in Lufkin. They make the offer instead of asking what it will take to get you in this car and putting pressure on you. I don't entertain that I ever beat a car dealer but I stay in my budget and leave with my dignity.

After the deal I bet they certainly wanted the C max off the lot.  

Now retired and with the traveling we do pulling the travel trailer hopefully we won't put the miles on this car like we have some of them. If we do that's ok though. The old car is dead, long live the new car. 

     

   


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger