Saturday, April 29, 2006

Posted new link...

Sitting around studying last night and thinking about this being a Jazz Fest weekend in New Orleans I used the computer to tune into a N. O. Station, WWOZ radio. As the funky music came out of the cheap computer speakers I could imagine myself, all the New Orleans mementos and pictures helped, including the most recent work of art hung by Cathy , a pawn shop trumpet and clarinet flanking a picture of Pat O's courtyard that was a wedding gift, being in an old New Orleans house in an old New Orleans neighborhood.

Great thing about this radio is that it can play for hours and may not ever play a song you have heard before. I like that. With all the music in the world I can't stand to listen to my favorites but every now and then. I don't like to miss out on the excitement of new grooves. Every now and then you might here a song you know, a cover done by someone s0mewhere more famous, but here it is run through a Cajun coffee red beans and rice filter that makes the original version seem tame. There are various shows one this station that focus on particular aspects of the local scene, gospel, tropical, rock, blues and so on, so if you don't like what you hear now, tune back later, it will be different.

Even the wild teenage beast, who came in from the movies and heard the funk asked, "what music is that?" It kind of stops you in your tracks, raises the hair, makes the butt start to shake.

Also check the Wallace fun photos for a bunch of pictures made in N.O., some of them 20 years old. Seems like every time I dig in an obscure corner of the house I turn up a paper sack of photos made in New Orleans. I'll get them all posted one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger