Friday, April 08, 2016

Here's the report. I turn to journalism, the who, what, why of how many catfish you can catch using 5 gallons of stink bait. I am qualified to report on this because I almost have a degree in this one thing and actually have a degree in something else entirely but neither is English or newspaper or journalism and that makes me just as qualified as anyone reporting for Fox news these days.  So for the record we caught 27 yesterday. This was the second trip with the 5 gallon bucket. 

If you are wondering both Hanks Creek ramps are closed due to high water and the Monterrey Park ramp is closed because of a collapsed culvert.  We launched at The Bill Shelton ramp at Cassels Boykin. I love the view from this over look. 


Cathy and cousin Beverly work the flooded bush for catfish. 


For once I caught the biggest and the most. Cathy has been a bit off her game because of some reoccurring neck pain and Beverly couldn't get anyone to tie a hook on.   


Me and Cathy pull a double. This was about three hours fishing. We have lots of fish in teh freezer and a fish fry is planned but spring is a busy time so stay tuned. 


Some fillets went to the freezer and Donnie joined us for communal dining at it's best. Four friends, lemon, catfish, ketchup, hot sauce and one plate. What else do you need.  


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger