Wednesday, December 06, 2023

I Play Santa...

You were right if you thought you saw mommy kissing Santa. Someone said "I hope that's yo wife." It is but she did not know it was me playing Santa at the St. Patrick Catholic School Christmas Program. 

We have some history with St. Patrick's Catholic School. Our two youngest kids got a good start to their education there. Cathy has organized their Christmas programs before. On recently digitalized home videos a clip of a program when Mary was about 4 years old appeared. It included the procession of a live donkey into the church hall for the manger scene. Two of our grand kids also attend and were in this pageant and I played Santa.    

Yes, that one with his coat over his head. That's one of mine. He's 3 and would not nap or have a snack before the program so naturally his grip on emotions just barely held and I admire his discipline in not making a break for his momma's lap when the going got tough. Don't worry but he was fine later after a pancake supper, candy and rough house play in the church hall.  


His big brother Ezra took it all in stride. He might be made for things like this especially if it involves standing between two girls. 



Other than in drum and tuba shows I have never played Santa for little kids. I actually looked up Santa tips because I did not want to scare kids and it was basically be sober, be nice and be clean. I'm most of those things most of the time anyway so it went well with only maybe one kid sheading a few tears and one kid that while presenting a big smile was very confident as long as I was at arms length. Other than one beard puller (can you find fault with this? You would have done it also) the kids were very respectful and serious. Parents made lots of photos. No doubt I am all over social media this morning.    

Milo takes it in stride. Six months old and nerves of steel when putting up with Pop Pop's antics. 

Luca and Ezra, not fooled either. 


Oh yeah, Mrs. Santa. She's sober, pretty nice and clean or else I wouldn't let her sit on my lap. 

I got a Facebook content removed notice yesterday and the only thing I could think it could be was this Guardian article on old scary European Krampus customs whose images I love. Hopefully me kissing Mrs. Santa doesn't get me in trouble again.    

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger