Sunday, December 10, 2023

The Matchsellers at The Live Oak Listening Room...

The Matchsellers are a a bluegrass/old-time fiddle, guitar, banjo and mandolin group out of Kansas City. Andrew and Julie said they have been coming to Nacogdoches, Tx to perform and make friends for 10 years. They played to a happy, receptive crowd at the Live Oak Listening Room last night and their quirky, catchy songwriting combined with the traditional sounds of the bluegrass instruments makes you wonder why the whole world is not singing these songs.  

This was my first time to see them. Many of my friends are their friends and I can say that we've been missing out on some good shows. Nacogdoches and the fans there are a special place for The Matchsellers.  


Looks like some good venues they play especially if you like to sit and listen to music in a beer garden, a festival or a listening room. Apparently they do a full band show sometimes but this was a great, intimate performance.   


Catch some music at the Live Oak. Pot luck dinner starts at 6pm and the food was out of sight last night. I ate two plates of various casseroles and salads, two pieces of cake and a slice of pie. Music starts at 7pm. Donations to support local live music are welcome. 



 

 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger