Sunday, April 10, 2016

Cigar Box Spring Fling...

Well I called it Antiques Weekend in downtown Lufkin but I think the real name was Spring Fling. Anyway I set up a booth along with 25 or so other vendors and sold cigar box guitars. My voice is a little worn from playing, singing and talking all day long but it was another good day for sales. 

Her's Laura from Heritage Antiques. She was one of the organizers of this event and bought this guitar. Really great bunch of folks down there and a great bunch of vendors to hang out with. 
 This lady bough a one string coffee can Diddly Bow. 

I did a bit of buying myself. There was a guy that had a fishing lure booth. He had some collectible stuff buy I bought a dozen 70s vintage Hotspots, jitterbugs, skipjacks and boy howdy lures for $10.  Also met Mike at the record booth who after some talk we discovered we were both at a Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee show at the old Crossroads club in Nacogdoches way back in the day, not really sure what decade that was now. 

As usually my booth attracts a lot of kids. Looks like later this summer I will be part of Family day at the Museum of East Texas. I'll do some kind of program with some cigar box history and playing geared to kids. My guitars are for sale at the Museum. One sold this week and a portion of the proceeds benefit the museum. I plan on having some one string instruments geared to kids for sale there soon. Remember I do have a day job to arrange my production schedule around.   


Sold this guitar to an old high school friend, Greg. Sorry I did not get your photo with the guitar. Maybe later. 

Don't know who made this photo but thanks a lot. I have a lot of people to thank for the success I am having. Thanks to all the people who have bought my guitars. Thanks to the people this weekend who seemed to be surprised I was a local guy and not flown in from Hollywood or somewhere. I know I really don't sing that good but my music is an honest performance of my soul. Thanks to Sound Tech, Standpipe and the museum for letting me hang guitars. Thanks to Jace who thinks I should show up to Third Man Records in Nashville and give one to Jack White. Thanks to my family for putting up with me. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger