Thursday, April 21, 2016

Tin Box Two String...

Ok, It's been about 8 days since the last blog post. Bet ya'll thought I was through. That's the way it is in the internet world. Here today, outta gas tomorrow. I'm not. Just busy at the old day job and busy working on my own stuff. You will hear about it all in the bye and bye. 

Here is something kind of new. It's a two string build from a tin that held a bottle of scotch. I've made a few one strings over the past couple of weeks, some are budget instruments that will be on sale later today at the museum of East Texas Gift Shop. They are not electric. This two stringer is. 


I usually tune to an open chord. A lot of the blues cigar box players like the I and V tuning but I like that third in there. This guitar is tuned both strings, low and high to E an octave apart. Of course it's possible to tune E and B or E and G# but I like this sound for now anyway. 



It plays well with a tube amp and a fuzz pedal. I jumped the jack with a blue capacitor. I don't know the value of it, it was just one in the variety pack I bought at Radio Shack. It's quiet with a tube amp and pretty loud but will feed back as the volume goes up and some may like that feature. 


Note the slanted bridge nut. That's on purpose and intones the strings. The higher string just needed to be a bit shorter. 


I think for now I will take an order if you want a three string cigar box but I have some exploring to do in the one and two string area. These guitars will be a bit cheaper depending on what I got in them. I'll sell this one for $45, more if I have to ship. I am going to hang on to it for a few days and make a demo before I display it somewhere. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger