Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Family Reunion on the Wallace Side...

Well kind of on the Wallace side. Let's see if we can run this down so you can understand. My cousin Sue and her husband Duncan, who live in Washington State were in Texas for Dunc's 50 year Texas A&M class reunion. They called up all relatives in Lufkin and the surrounding area. Sue was my dad's oldest brother's daughter so that makes her my first cousin. Many of the attendees were from Sue's mother's side of the family which were a bunch of Tompkins and Gibbs. So not exactly all related but all associated through the marriage of Sue's parents Leonard and Alouise. In fact one person, Clay who is related to my Aunt Alousie, and has known my brother Glenn since 1st grade related a story of how it was hard for him back then to understand that they were not cousins. 
Duncan and Sue. I should have got some better photos but my big camera battery ran down and I am left with this photo of Sue not looking. As a consolation she probably looks good in some one else's photo and Duncan is looking away. 


This is my Aunt Sandra and cousin Clay. Sandra was married to my dad's brother Bill/ First time to see them in a while hopefully we can keep in touch. Clay has the Wallace hunting and fishing gene so we need to team up for sure. 

Back behind them is the table representing the Tompkins and Gibbs side of Sue's family. While my mom knows most of them as they are her contemporaries I only know a few. If I try to name them for photos I probably won't get it all right. 


This was the Wallace table. In the foreground is cousin Alan and wife Missy. 
A look at the Wallace table from the other end with old Wallace hunting and fishing companion Jim, Donnie and Beverly, Clay and Sandra, Glenn and my mom, Mary and Miguel, Cathy, Alan and Missy and almost cousin Clay. 


Sue gave me a great set of photos stretching back though Wallace and Nerren family history.  I have some stories I have looked up on some of the people that I will get posted later. 

In addition to the A&M anniversary shortly after graduation Sue and Duncan were married so they were surprised with this cake. 


Here's what they looked like back then. A new day, a new Ford Mustang and a fine day of family 50 years later. 



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger