Monday, April 25, 2016

It's a Marty Party...

Well Prince may be gone but Saturday night at the Polk County Convention Center we saw Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives. Marty is the same age as Prince was and is married to Country Music Hall of Fame star Connie Smith. He also sang at Sam Phillips, the founder of Sun Records and the discoverer of Elvis funeral and was the officiant at Merle Haggard service. If that's not rock I don't know what is. 

Check those amps and guitars. A feast of Fender gear. Amps look to be mostly from the 70s. 


Marty's Telecaster guitar was once owned by Clarence White of the old 60s rock group The Byrds. 

Kenny Vaughan on guitar. This guy is a monster picker. He's one of those behind the scens Nashville guys that should be famous. 

Chris Scruggs on bass. I saw him in Nashville once on lap steel. He's great also. 


Hansome Harry on drums. Also great bluegrass type singer.  



Check these guys out. They put on a great show, very well paced with some great guitar fireworks. 






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger